- About Us
- Education Task Force
- Summit of U.S.-Japan Related Organizations
- Working Groups
- Legislative Exchange Summit
- Plenary Sessions
- World Wise: Study Abroad Blog
- Exchanges and Fellowships
- Professional and Volunteer Opportunities
- U.S.-Japan Related Organizations
- Guides to Japan
The resources below are divided into three categories:
- Non-profit exchange organizations – these are organizations that facilitate and promote outbound high school exchange programs to Japan of varying lengths to allow American students in-depth exposure to Japanese education, culture, and society;
- Databases/links on high school exchange – these include non-profit and member associations, government and databases that offer lists or databases of high school exchange programs; and
- Scholarship opportunities.
CULCON provides this list as an informational resource only; inclusion on this list is neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of any specific organization or program.
Non-profit exchange organizations (facilitate their own programs):
- AFS Intercultural Programs-USA: An exchange organization offering high school students year or semester study abroad programs, and has its own scholarships. AFS-USA also has a weekly online information session.
- Ayusa Global Youth Exchange: An exchange organization offering summer, academic year, semester, and trimester study abroad options for high school students, and provides funding information.
- CIEE High School Abroad: An exchange organization offering summer, semester, or full-year study abroad and homestay options to high school students and recent high school graduates.
- Sister Cities International: An exchange organization offering a high school homestay program through a network of international sister cities.
- Youth For Understanding USA: An exchange organization offering academic year and summer programs for high school students.
Databases/links on high school exchanges:
- Alliance for International Educational and Cultural Exchange: A non-profit association offering links to high school summer, semester, or full-year study abroad programs.
- American Association of Teachers of Japanese: A non-profit association offering a comprehensive list of high school summer, semester, or full-year study abroad programs for current students and recent graduates. Includes information on homestay options, Japanese language requirements, and cultural opportunities. Also provides links to scholarship opportunities.
- GoAbroad.com: A database listing organizations and programs that offer high school summer, semester, or full-year study abroad programs.
- National Association of Japan-America Societies (NAJAS): A non-profit association listing resources for high school students on study abroad in Japan, family homestays.
- U.S. Embassy in Japan: The official mission of the U.S. in Japan listing organizations offering short-term study abroad opportunities for high school students in Japan.
- Youth For Understanding USA: A non-profit exchange organization offering scholarships for its academic year and summer programs for high school students.