- About Us
- Education Task Force
- Summit of U.S.-Japan Related Organizations
- Working Groups
- Legislative Exchange Summit
- Plenary Sessions
- World Wise: Study Abroad Blog
- Exchanges and Fellowships
- Professional and Volunteer Opportunities
- U.S.-Japan Related Organizations
- Guides to Japan
The resources below are divided into two categories:
- Exchange and fellowship programs – these are non-profit organizations and government agencies that offer and/or facilitate and promote outbound professional exchanges to Japan; and
- Databases/links on professional exchanges and fellowships – these include non-profit associations, government and databases that offer lists or databases of exchanges and fellowship programs.
CULCON provides this list as an informational resource only; inclusion on this list is neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of any specific organization or program.
Professional exchange, fellowship programs:
- Fellowship Program for Advanced Social Science Research on Japan: A fellowship program administered jointly by two U.S. government agencies, Japan-U.S. Friendship Commission and National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Fulbright: The U.S. Department of State offering several distinct Fulbright grants and scholarships for teachers, scholars, and professionals.
- George Washington University: A private university offering a legislative exchange program administered by the Elliot School of International Affairs.
- Japan Center for International Exchange: A Japanese NGO (non-governmental organization) offering various U.S.-Japan congressional and political exchange programs.
- The Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP): A Japanese government-supported center listing short and long-term fellowship opportunities and research grants for professionals, including journalists.
- The Japanese Women’s Leadership Initiative (JWLI): A fellowship program that empowers Japanese women to become leaders and make positive social changes. (http://www.simmons.edu/about-simmons/centers-organizations-and-institutes/jwli)
- Office of Citizen Exchanges, U.S. Department of State: The U.S. Department of State’s listing of professional and legislative fellows programs.
- Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation: A non-profit policy organization offering information on the Mike Mansfield Fellowships, a government-to-government exchange for federal employees.
- US-Asia Institute: A non-profit United Nations-associated institute offering a scholarship for U.S. or Asian leaders from business, academia or government to study an issue of concern or interest to the U.S.-Asia relationship.
- US-Japan Institute: A non-profit research and education organization offering several programs for business executives.
Databases/links on professional exchanges, fellowships:
- Institute of International Education (IIE): A non-profit education and training organization offering information on opportunities for professionals including fellowships and teaching abroad.
- National Association of Japan-America Societies (NAJAS): A non-profit network of Japan-America societies offering information for American school teachers and administrators for short term study programs in Japan, fellowships, research, and conferences.