- About Us
- Education Task Force
- Summit of U.S.-Japan Related Organizations
- Working Groups
- Legislative Exchange Summit
- Plenary Sessions
- World Wise: Study Abroad Blog
- Exchanges and Fellowships
- Professional and Volunteer Opportunities
- U.S.-Japan Related Organizations
- Guides to Japan
The resources below are divided into three categories:
- Non-profit exchange organizations – these are organizations that facilitate and promote outbound undergraduate exchange/study abroad programs to Japan of varying lengths to allow American students in-depth exposure to Japanese education, culture, and society;
- Databases/links on undergraduate exchange – these include non-profit associations, government and databases that offer lists or databases of undergraduate exchange/study abroad programs; and
CULCON provides this list as an informational resource only; inclusion on this list is neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of any specific organization or program.
Non-profit exchange organizations (facilitate their own programs):
- CIEE Study Abroad: A non-profit exchange organization offering summer, semester, or full-year study abroad and homestay options for undergraduates.
- Japan-America Student Conference: A student-run exchange and one-month conference during the summer.
Databases/links on undergraduate exchanges:
- Alliance for International Educational and Cultural Exchange: A non-profit membership association offering links to study abroad options for undergraduate students for semester, full-year, and summer programs.
- American Association of Teachers of Japanese: A non-profit association listing undergraduate summer, semester, or full-year study abroad programs. Includes information on homestay options, Japanese language requirements, and cultural opportunities. Also provides links to scholarship opportunities and a list of Japanese universities.
- Earlham College: A private university listing scholarships for undergraduate study abroad in Japan (not Earlham student-specific).
- GoAbroad.com: A database listing organizations and programs that offer undergraduate summer, semester, or full-year study abroad programs in Japan.
- Institute of International Education: A non-profit association offering a searchable database of study abroad programs for undergraduates.
- IIEPassport Study Abroad Directories: A non-profit association offering a searchable database of study abroad programs for undergraduates.
- National Association of Japan-America Societies (NAJAS): A non-profit association listing university programs for study abroad in Japan, language study, U.S. universities in Japan, and scholarships.
- NCC’s Online Guide to Research Access in Japan’s major Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLAs): a guide to research access for students and visiting scholars with English language introductions, links to major collections, forms for applying for research affiliation and the use of resources; plus facility hours, holidays, and online maps. (http://guides.nccjapan.org/researchaccess?hs=a)
- Study Japan: A Japanese government initiative listing long-term and short-term study opportunities in Japan, both Japanese- and English-language programs.
- U.S. Embassy in Japan: The U.S. government’s official mission in Japan offering a comprehensive listing of opportunities for undergraduate students, for junior year abroad, short-term programs, and summer programs in Japan. Includes a listing of American universities which have campuses in Japan, and where to find more information on study abroad and financial aid opportunities.
- American Association of Teachers of Japanese: A non-profit association offering “Bridging Scholarships” to American undergraduate students studying abroad in Japan for a semester or year to offset travel and living expenses.
- Boren Scholarships: U.S. government initiative offering scholarships for students seeking to study abroad and planning a U.S. government-focused career.
- Fulbright: The U.S. government listing of Fulbright scholarships provided to graduating college seniors.
- Japan International Christian University (ICU) Foundation: A private foundation providing scholarships for international students studying abroad at ICU, Tokyo.
- Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO): A Japanese government organization supporting scholarships for undergraduates studying abroad in Japan.
- Study Japan: A Japanese government initiative offering Japanese government scholarships for undergraduates studying abroad in Japan.
- US-Japan Institute: A non-profit research and education organization offering assistance for undergraduates.