In response to the corona virus pandemic, CULCON has been hosting monthly/bi-monthly virtual meetings for U.S.-Japan related organizations in the U.S. to help the community stay connected and offer a way of sharing information and new best practices.
- March 26, 2020, moderated by Paige Cottingham-Streater, “People-to-People Exchange During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- April 28, 2020, moderated by Paige Cottingham-Streater, “U.S.-Japan Funding and Grant-making During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- May 26, 2020, Dr. Sheila Smith and Minister Takehiro Shimada, “Sustaining the U.S.-Japan Partnership”
- June 24, 2020, Ms. Miho Walsh, Executive Director, Asian Cultural Council, “Global Pandemic, Social Unrest and the Arts Community”
- July 21, 2020, Ms. Gretchen Cook-Anderson, Director, Diversity Recruiting & Advising, IES Abroad, “Antiracism, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in US-Japan People-to-People Exchange”
- November 10, 2020, Mr. Baye McNeil, Author, Columnist, and Lecturer, “Race and Reckoning: Reflections from Japan” View presentation here (program starts at 1:05)