The resources below are entitites with a principal purpose of making grants to organizations, institutions, or individuals for U.S.-Japan educational and cultural activities. The foundations below are either private foundations (derives its money from a family, an individual, or a corporation) or public foundations/grantmaking public charities (derives its support from diverse sources, which may include foundations, individuals, and government agencies.)
CULCON provides this list as an informational resource only; inclusion on this list is neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of any specific organization or program.
- The Asia Foundation: A public foundation supporting activities fostering peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region on both a country and regional level.
- The Luce Foundation’s Asia Program: A private foundation supporting cultural and intellectual exchange between the U.S. and Asian countries.
- The Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership: A private foundation promoting collaboration, dialogue and interchange between Japan and the United States.
- The Sasakawa Peace Foundation: A private (grant-making) Japanese foundation supporting activities fostering international understanding, exchange, and cooperation.
- Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA: A private (operating) U.S. foundation supporting and engaging in activities fostering international understanding, exchange, and cooperation.
- Tateuchi Foundation: A private foundation to promote and improve international understanding, knowledge and the quality of relations between Japan and the United States.
- Toshiba International Foundation: A grant-making private foundation dedicated to promoting understanding of Japan through international exchanges.
- U.S.-Japan Bridging Foundation: A public foundation awarding scholarships to American undergraduates to study in Japan.
- U.S.-Japan Foundation: A private foundation supporting projects that promote stronger ties between Americans and Japanese.