- About Us
- U.S. Initiatives
- Binational Initiatives
- Working Groups
- Current Working Groups
- Previous Working Groups
- Working Groups
- Plenary Sessions
- World Wise: Reflections on the Impact of Study Abroad
The resources below offer on-line language learning and searchable databases/links for learning Japanese.
CULCON provides this list as an informational resource only; inclusion on this list is neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of any specific organization or program.
- About.com: Japanese Language: An online resource for learning about the Japanese language and Japanese culture.(http://japanese.about.com/od/japaneselessons/u/StartLearning.htm)
- Aiyori : A website that provides hiragana and katakana lessons as well as a picture dictionary and introductory kanji lessons for those just beginning to learn Japanese.
- American Association of Teachers of Japanese: A non-profit organization providing information on national Japanese language exam, special interest groups involved in Japanese language learning, etc.
- Denshi Jisho: A Japanese-to-English and English-to-Japanese and kanji online dictionary.
- Digital Dialects: An online website of vocabulary building games and an online book available in English, romaji, hiragana, and kanji.
- Erin’s Challenge: A free online tool for learning Japanese through video clips, pictures, and games.
- Guide to Japanese: An online guide to learning Japanese containing different resources and language learning materials.
- HelloTalk: A language exchange app where users can chat with other language learners, and correct each other’s sentences.
- HiNative: A website and app where language learners can ask questions about native speakers’ language and culture.
- International Research Center for Japanese Studies: A database of Japanese studies and language associations and university departments worldwide.
- Italki: An online language learning website which connects language learners to teachers for 1-on-1 lessons with a native speaker.
- Japanese Language School Database: A database of Japanese language schools located in Japan accredited by the Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education.
- Lang-8: An online blogging platform for language learners where native speakers correct entries in their native languages and vice versa.
- Learn Japanese Online: A free on-line tool for Japanese language learning.
- Mango Languages: Online language courses for many different languages, including Japanese, which is accessible for free through many U.S. public libraries.
- NCC’s Subject Guides Portal: A hub for Japan-related research and study guides sorted by academic discipline.
- Nihongo o Narau: A free on-line tool for Japanese language learning.
- Nihongo-e-na: An online resource that directs Japanese learners to more Japanese language and culture resources.
- The Nihongoresources Book: A free online book about Japanese grammar.