- About Us
- Education Task Force
- Summit of U.S.-Japan Related Organizations
- Working Groups
- Legislative Exchange Summit
- Plenary Sessions
- World Wise: Study Abroad Blog
- Exchanges and Fellowships
- Professional and Volunteer Opportunities
- U.S.-Japan Related Organizations
- Guides to Japan
One-Year Anniversary of March 11 Tragedies
March 9, 2012
On March 11, 2011, Japan’s Tohoku coastal region was devastated by a 9.0 magnitude earthquake and tsunami. The months after these disasters brought to the forefront incredible stories of resilience and generosity as Japan quickly began recovery efforts.
The one-year anniversary of March 11, 2011 is a time for reflection and contemplation. We mourn those who were lost and reflect upon what has been learned from the tragedy.
On a positive note the disasters highlighted the good relations at all levels between the peoples of the United States and Japan. CULCON will continue to promote public/private partnerships that will sustain our strong relationship.